How to navigate the ESHG 2021 virtual conference
1. Access to the virtual platform
You can access the virtual platform from your PC, laptop, tablet or mobile device with internet using the following link: https://eshg2021.h82.eu
To have access to the platform, you will need to register here.
2. Virtual Conference Platform
The virtual conference platform is the “venue” of the conference. The ESHG has aimed at incorporating similar aspect of the physical conference to the virtual environment. Therefore, you will have access to the best presentations in the area of human genetics in a live format or pre-recorded. At the same time, you will be able to chat with speakers and interact with e-Poster presenters. You can drop by the company corner and have a chat with the company of your interest or listen to their corporate satellite. In addition, you can chat with other ESHG 2021 participants on the networking hub.
3. ESHG 2021 Programm
To make the best out of the possibilities of a virtual environment, the ESHG has separated its programme into 2 types of sessions:
These are sessions that will take place at a given day and time. During these sessions you can listen to the pre-recorded presentations and afterwards participate in a real time Question & Answer with the speakers. You will be able to drop your question through a chat available on the session channel. All live sessions will be recorded and turned into an on-demand sessions that will be available until September 1, 2021. Make sure to address your questions to the Moderator of the session, not the speaker.
Please note that all times mentioned on our website and the virtual conference platform are in Central European Summer Time (CEST), that is UTC+2.
To see what time this is in your time zone, click here https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
On-demand sessions are available from June 12, 2021 at 9:00 am CEST until September 1, 2021 at 24:00 CEST. Interaction with presenters is possible via a messaging system incorporated in the virtual platform. For the on-demand Educational Sessions, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with speakers (as available) during dedicated slots in the programme (“Meet the Educational Session speakers”) on Monday, June 14 and Tuesday, June 15, by accessing the live webconference in the respective sessions. The schedule of these are as follows:
- Monday, June 14 at 18:45 – 19:45 hrs CEST for speakers of sessions E03 – E11
- Tuesday, June 15 at 12:45 – 13:45 hrs CEST for speakers of sessions E12 – E19
To access the webconferencing sessions, please go to the virtual conference platform page on-demand sessions and access the webconferencing by clicking on the button “Join Session” in your session of interest.
These e-Posters will be available as of June 12 at 9:00 am CEST until September 1, 2021 at 24:00 CEST. You will be able to click through the different slides uploaded by the presenter and in many cases listen to the audio description found within the e-Poster. Participants will have the opportunity to interact through a live chat with the presenters of these e-Posters within the following schedule:
- e-Poster Group A: 14.45 – 15.30 hrs CEST on Saturday, June 12 for posters with numbers ending with “A” (e.g. P01.01.A)
- e-Poster Group B: 15.00 – 15.45 hrs CEST on Sunday, June 13 for posters with numbers ending with “B” (e.g. P01.02.B)
- e-Poster Group C: 13.00 – 13.45 hrs CEST on Monday, June 14 for posters with numbers ending with “C” (e.g. P01.03.C)
- e-Poster Group D: 11.45 – 12.30 hrs CEST on Tuesday, June 15 for posters with numbers ending with “D” (e.g. P01.04.D)
In order to interact with the presenter of the e-Poster you will need to access the page of the e-Poster of your choice in the virtual platform during the time specified above. Once you are within the page you will be able to find a chat in which the e-Poster presenter will be available to answer your questions.
Keep in mind that all time showned refer to Central European Summer Time (CEST – UTC+2). You can click here to translate the times into your time zone.
4. Tailor your own programme
Within the virtual conference platform you have the opportunity to bookmark the sessions that interest you the most. This way you will be able to keep track of the presentations and not schedule 2 of them at the same time. However, since all sessions will be available as on-demand sessions until September 1, 2021 at 24:00 CEST, you will have the opportunity to decide on your own time to listen to all your favorite talk of the ESHG 2021.
In addition, you can download the ESHG 2021 Mobile App in which you will be able to create your own calendar and have a direct access to the virtual conference platform from your mobile divices.
Don’t worry just because we do not see each other does not mean we cannot interact! You will have many different opportunties to interaction with the speakers and other colleagues:
- Live sessions: During live session you can ask questions to the speakers through the chat located next to the live stream. Moderators will be monitoring all the questions coming live through the chat and will address some of them to the respective speakers.
- On-demand sessions: Do you have a questions for the presenter? Within every presentation you will be able to send comments/email to the presenters directly. In here you can leave your name and email with a message. The presenter will receive this information and contact you at their own discretion.
- Meet the speakers of the Educational Sessions: On Monday June 14 at 18:45 – 19:45 hrs CEST you will have the opportunity to chat with the presenters of sessions E03-E11 and Tuesday June 15 at 12:45 – 13:45 hrs CEST with the presenters of sessions E12-E19. To participate in this chat you will need to go to the respective on-demand Educational Session within the virtual conference platform. In here you will have a button where you can directly join the webconferencing with the speakers.
ESHG Networking Hub
For this year we have implemented a networking hub for the conference participants. You will be able to join the converstaion with other participants within the dedicated topic channels. In addition, you can invite other participants to a 1on1 private chat. The aim of the networking hub is to increase the option you have to expand your network at the ESHG 2021 – Virtual Conference.
6. ESHG 2021 Mobile APP
In the ESHG Mobile App you will be able to:
- Browse the programme by day or session type
- Read the conference abstracts
- Access the ESHG 2021 virtual platform directly from the mobile app
- Take notes and print or email them to you or your colleagues
- Add talks and sessions to your personal itinerary
- Browse sponsors by name or find them through the product index
- Browse the venue floor plan for directions
- Get information on how to navigate the virtual conference
- Learn about Faculty, Award Lecturers and Early Career Award Candidates
- Have useful information always available.