Abstract submission is now closed.
Guidelines for the submission process
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text must not exceed 250 words, excluding title and authors.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text.
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- Tables may be included.
- No graphics are allowed.
- Remember that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Type your abstract in a common Word Processor (e.g. MS Word). Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for a “file upload” (most convenient way of submission). The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the submission portal…
You will have to create a new user account by clicking on “Create new account”. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Save & Continue” in the online form.
- The abstract submission system used by the ESHG (OASIS by CTI) is based in the United States. Hence by submitting an abstract to our meeting, you agree to submit personal data (Name, institution address, email address) to a ‘data processor’ located outside of the EU. It is CTI’s policy to be compliant with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), see here: https://www.ctimeetingtech.com/privacy-policy
- In case you have submitted an abstract for the ESHG conference in previous years (2015-2020), your login data are still valid. In this case, please login with your username and password. In case you cannot retrieve your access data, please use the “forgot password” option.
ATTENTION: The login for the abstract submission is not your ESHG member login.
How to start the abstract submission…
Once you have logged into the submission portal, you will be directed to the abstract submission site for ESHG 2021. Click on the “+New” button to start with your abstract submission. If you cannot see this button, please make sure you are located in the tab labelled “submissions”.
When clicking the “+New” button a new tab will open in your browser. Follow step by step the instructions for submission.
At the end of the process, you will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Review my work“), which you may print. Your abstract should now show as complete in the submission site.
General Information on Abstract Submission and FAQ
Content – Authors
- Please note that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
- Can you submit a paper that has already been presented at another meeting or published?
This is acceptable. However, chances are that your work will only be accepted allocated as e-Poster, not as a talk.
- Disambiguation of Presenting Author, First Author and Submitter
– Presenting Author is the person who will present the poster/talk at the meeting. Note that you can be presenting author of only one abstract, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
– First Author is usually the person who did the main part of the research in the study. She or he can, but does not necessarily have to be the presenting author.
– Submitter is the person who enters the abstract into the submission system. She or he can, but does not necessarily have to be one of the authors. The system will pre-fill the first author with the contact data of the submitter, but this can of course be amended.
- Multiple submissions with identical presenting authors will be automatically rejected.
- Identical submissions from different first authors will also be automatically rejected.
- Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected.
- Abstracts with the obvious goal of advertising corporate products or services, will be rejected.
- Note that the presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
- For optimum results when using the Online Submission System, it is recommended that you use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 33 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla FireFox 16 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher.
- Please note that in rare cases you may encounter an issue copy/pasting from Word for Mac, triggering an error message that your title cannot exceed 1,000 characters. In this case please reload the page and either type or copy/paste the title from a plain text application.
Corrections – Amendments
- The title of your abstract is displayed in the submission site, together with the information on whether the submission is complete or incomplete. To edit the abstract, simply click on the title of your abstract. A new tab will open in your browser with the submission form. In here you can then edit your abstract.
- Changes and editing can be made until the submission deadline. In case of a mistake during the submission, it is not necessary to re-submit a “new abstract”. Click on the step to be amended and make the correction.
- Aborted submissions can be picked up and completed at a later stage. Authors are able to login and to select the incomplete abstract in order to continue the submission until the deadline.
- The submission system stores the information in “real time”. The moment you reach the summary within the submission process and the system tells you “This submission is complete” your abstract is completed and has been received. However you will still be able to come back and make modifications until the deadline.
- Please make sure you print the summary page for your records. The system also has an e-mail confirmation feature. Simply click the appropriate link on the summary page and fill in your email address(es) in the appropriate box.
- For support during the submission process, please send an email to email@example.com or call +43 1 405 13 83 30 between 9.00 – 17.00 hrs CET.