Guidelines for the submission process
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text must not exceed 250 words, excluding title and authors.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text.
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- Tables may be included.
- No graphics are allowed.
- Remember that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Type your abstract in a common Word Processor (e.g. MS Word). Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for a “file upload” (most convenient way of submission). The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the submission portal…
You will have to create a new user account by clicking on “Create new account”. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Save & Continue” in the online form.
- The abstract submission system used by the ESHG (OASIS by CTI) is based in the United States. Hence by submitting an abstract to our meeting, you agree to submit personal data (Name, institution address, email address) to a ‘data processor’ located outside of the EU. It is CTI’s policy to be compliant with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), see here: https://www.ctimeetingtech.com/privacy-policy
- In case you have submitted an abstract for the ESHG conference in previous years (2015-2020), your login data are still valid. In this case, please login with your username and password. In case you cannot retrieve your access data, please use the “forgot password” option.
ATTENTION: The login for the abstract submission is not your ESHG member login.
How to start the abstract submission…
Once you have logged into the submission portal, you will be directed to the abstract submission site for ESHG 2021. Click on the “+New” button to start with your abstract submission. If you cannot see this button, please make sure you are located in the tab labelled “submissions”.
When clicking the “+New” button a new tab will open in your browser. Follow step by step the instructions for submission.
At the end of the process, you will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Review my work“), which you may print. Your abstract should now show as complete in the submission site.