The ESHG awards prizes of EUR 500.- (together with a free participation at the next meeting) for outstanding research by early career scientists presented as a spoken contribution at the conference, namely:
– Young Investigator Awards for Outstanding Science
– Isabelle Oberlé Award for Research on Genetics of Intellectual Disability
– Lodewijk Sandkuijl Award for the best talk in Statistical Genetics
– Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best talk in Translational Medicine
– Mia Neri Award for the best talk in Cancer Research
– ELPAG Award for the best talk in the ELPAG track
All early career scientists who have applied during the abstract submission are nominees for the awards. Each nominee must be first author (i.e. presenting author) of the abstract submitted for spoken presentation and should not be more than four years post-doctoral and not a Principal Investigator (P.I.).
We have asked the candidates to answer the following questions:
- Q1: Date and city of birth
- Q2: What is your current position?
- Q3: Why did you choose a career in genetics?
- Q4: What is so interesting about the research you are presenting at ESHG 2021?